|The Robertson Lamb Hut|
The Wayfarers' Club hut is in Langdale. Officially opened on Saturday 16th March 1930, RLH was the first dedicated climbing hut in the Lake District. Converted from an existing 18th century barn, the hut is named in memory of Robertson Lamb, whose sister largely financed the conversion.
There have been many alterations since 1930, but they have always maintained the character of the hut and its surroundings.
As a base for mountain adventure and valley conviviality, RLH has a special place in Wayfarers' hearts.
Bunks at RLH may be booked in advance by members of BMC affiliated clubs by application to the Robertson Lamb Hut Booking Secretary at email@example.com
Other groups may be considered on application.
About 11/4 miles above Chapel Stile and 1/2 mile short of the New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel on the south side of the road, directly opposite the FRCC hut, Raw Head. Post code LA22 9JS. OS map reference NY 304067. (Look at the map - SatNav may mislead) Map of RLH
Upstairs men only bunkroom for eighteen, two wc's, shower, wash basins. Six bunks reserved at all times for the use of Wayfarers and Climbers Club members. Downstairs mixed accommodation in the annexe with 12 bunks, two wc's, shower, wash basin.
Lounge with open fire.
Kitchen with gas & electric stoves, ovens, microwave, fridge, pots & pans, plates, cutlery etc.
Car parking for approximately 8 cars.
|The upstairs bunk room||The view from the hut||The lounge|